04 April 2016

Blood, Sweat and Paint

Over the past week or so, I've looked at a good bit of Van Gogh's work, and it brought home a quality about painting that I think is unmatched by any other art form.  Because of the physical interaction between the artist and canvas, the viewer is able to feel  a more personal connection with the painter.  Certainly in the case of Van Gogh, this comes through with every deliberate stroke of the brush.  

The impact is stunning.

I'm not the first to make this observation, one that's heightened by knowledge of Van Gogh's tortured life, but it struck me nonetheless in a powerful way.








It's a chiller you won't be able to put down!

"I read three chapters and was completely gripped!"  VB, London

"An old-fashioned thriller."  Featured Kirkus Review

"A powerful exploration of real-life horror and psychological turmoil."  JC, Illinois

























No comments: