22 March 2016

Don't Miss the Moment


One of Zen Buddhism's greatest lessons is to stay "present," lest wandering thoughts trap us in a past that no longer exists or a future that never will, denying us full engagement with life as it unfolds in front of us moment by moment.  One consequence, as creative people, is that we may overlook small sparks of inspiration.  The photo below I cite as an example.

One hot summer afternoon two years ago, I had parked my car and was walking into my bank branch when my eye caught a crack in the asphalt surrounded by what looked like oil.  Interesting pattern, I thought, so I took out my phone and snapped a couple of pictures.  Later, at home, I went to work with Pixlr and, voila:


Kiss, Kiss
iPhone
2014

Keep your eyes open.  Stay present.  You never know.


My brother's debut novel will grip you, no doubt!

"This novel picks you up by the scruff of your neck and doesn't let you go until the final pages." VB, London 
"A thrill all the way to the end!" -- LS, Arizona
"Fantastic book, right up there with Dean Koontz."  JS, Illinois


No comments: