26 February 2016

Under the Knife


Kind of Blue
Acrylic on canvas
16 x 20
2013

In painting this portrait of Miles Davis, I set myself the challenge of doing it entirely with palette knives, a method I'd never tried before. I was pleased at how the knives forced me into a looser, more expressive style. This was enhanced by my usual habit of working in short bursts over dry paint which, I think, helps bring a richer emotional texture to the piece. I have employed a similar approach with other work, and the results have been creatively rewarding.


I hope you'll consider my brother's exciting debut novel.  It's one terrific, suspenseful read.

"An old-fashioned thriller."  Featured Kirkus Review

"It maps the tortures of the human soul in a completely unexpected and shocking way.  Read it!" CE, Illinois (5 Stars)

"I found myself not being able to put the book down...it just got better and better."  LS, Arizona (5 Stars)






No comments: